Bachelor of business administration
BBA programme offers a new vision for business education. Based on an integrated curriculum, with a team-based, problem solving and hands-on learning environment, the BBA programme prepares its students for the corporate world. To develop Understanding of modern business practices to enable them to make informed decision in problem solving in business and industry. Further to develop Communication Skill and analytical Skill in business. The Training will equip them with the tools of Objectivity to discharge managerial functions effectively.
+2 or its relevant examination passed candidates with minimum 45% of Marks in the aggregate, preference will be given the candidate having English and Mathematics as a subject in +2 examination.
Three year degree program consist of three academic years each divided into two semesters of six month duration.
- The Course will be conducted on self-finance basis.
- SC/ST candidates will be allowed 20% concession in tuition fee.
- The fee may be revised by the college in changing circumstances.
- Beside the above noted fee and charges, each candidate appearing in the University examination will be required to pay the prescribed examination fee to the college for each examination.
PAPER I : PRINCIPALS OF MANAGMENT (PM)
- 1. Definition and Scope of Management, Management Vs Administration, Role and Manager.
- 2. Development of Scientific School of thought.
- 3. Business Planning, Classification, elements in Planning, determinants of effective Planning.
- 4. Decision making and its Process, organization, types, merits and demerits.
- 5. Delegation of authority, merits and demerits.
- 6. Power, Authority: influence, definition, classification and elements.
- 7. Authority: types and effective ness.
- 8. Motivation-concept and importance
- 9. Communication--- Ways and Means, & Barriers in communication.
- 10. Control-- Needs Methods and types.
- 11. Business Ethics, Corporate culture.
PAPER II : Organizational Behavior (OB)
PAPER III : Managerial Economics (M E)
- 1. Introduction – meaning of O.B and its relevance, factor influence O.B
- 2. Organisational climate, morals and its management, organizational effectiveness
- 3. Individual Behavior in organization, and its determinants.
- 4. Leadership- concept, leadership emergence theory, style, its function.
- 5. Motivation and its types, Concept, Hierarchy model of motivation, Achievement Motives.
- 6. Stress Management, Nature of job stress, consequences of job stress, Management of job stress.
- 7. Group behavior in organization, group dynamics, types of groups, factor effecting group behavior.
- 8. Leadership –concept of managerial leadership, Leadership emergence theory, Style, and its functions.
- 9. Organizational change, factors influencing change, Resistance to change, Overcoming resistance.
PAPER IV : Indian Business Environment
- 1. Managerial Economics- Need, Importance and scope, its role in understanding business problems.
- 2. Micro and Macro economics, Normative and Positive economics, important terminologies, Time element in Economics.
- 3. Consumer, behavior – Demand analysis- determinants of demand, Utility analysis, indifference curve technique and its applications, Elasticity of demand and its determinants, Demand Forecasting.
- 4. Production analysis- Production function, concept of cost average- & total cost U-shaped cost curve , Break – even, laws of return, Law of variable proportion.
- 5. Theory of firm and market organization: Pricing under perfect competition, and monopoly,
- Pricing under oligopoly: kinked demand curve and price leadership.
- 6. National income and its measurement, Business cycle, inflation and depression.
- 7. Capital budgeting___ concept, cost benefit analysis.
SUBSIDIARY Paper-I : English
- 1. Definition, scope and classification of Indian Business Environment.
- 2. Social environment- social attitudes, culture and heritage social responsibility of business, consumerism and consumer protection Act. child Labour.
- 3. Legal Environment – Indian companies Act, MRTP, Regulatory Authorities- SEBI, IRAI, competition law, FEMA, institutions- Trade mark, Patent Law, intellectual property rights, law of contract- concept and scope.
- 4. Economic Environment- Economic systems- capitalism, socialism and mixed economy- their merits and demerits industrial policy 1991 capital market, Foreign investment promotion Board, international Economic Environment- WTO, Regional cooperation (SAARC)
- 5. Political Environment- Political system, Government and control of business, relevance of PSUs, Types of public Enterprises, -parliamentary control of PSUs.
- 6. Technological environment- Technology polices, technology transfer Large scale Vs small and Medium enterprises (SMEs)
- 7. Financial environment- Role of RBI, Role of commercial Banks, Rural Regional Banks and cooperative Banks, investment and Financial institutions.
SUBSIDIARY Paper –2 : Computer Application in Business -I
- 1. Business Communication-Meaning importance basic Models and elements of effective communication in Business.
- 2. Parts of speech and Tense. Preposition, Articles, Degree.
- 3. Active & Passive voices, Direct & indirect speech.
- 4. Precise writing, Report writing, presentation, picture composition.
- 5. Correct usage of word, Antonyms, Synonyms, Homonyms, pun,write appeals for sales promotion.
- 6. Writing Application___ Business letter job application notes of invitation, social letters personal letter office communication.
- 7. Elective Business communication in English, oral presentation, interview and group discussion. And retelling story, public speech writing notice, massages.
- 1. Fundamentals of Computer, computer system as information processing system, Types of computer system, Hardware option & devices. 2. DOS. 3. Window: Window Explorer
- 4. MS. Office__ MS. Word Excel, power point 5. MS. Word___ word processing Editing, Formatting, and Use of tools.
- 6. Power point presentation. 7. Basis idea of local Area Network, wide Area network, introduction to internet.
- 8. Data base Management System.
Paper-V : Management Information System
- 1. Definition need and Role of MlS. Characteristics and significance of MIS Introduction to business system, payroll, inventory control, financial A/C sales order processing, manufacturing plants.
- 2. Decision Making- Simon’s model
- 3. Database management, data processing Evaluation & control of data processing, personnel Admin- Data system, payment system.
- 4. Financial control Data System, Data System for planning Design Methodology and Technique.
- 5. System Design- Design Methods, Detailed system Design, design Documentation.
- 6. Implementation & Evaluation: Planning, organizing, testing and change over, Evaluation Approaches. Strategic information system.
Paper-VI : Cost and Management Accounting
Paper –VII : Fundamentals Business Laws, Taxation Insurance
- 1. Definition, scope and Nature of cost accounting and Management Accounting.
- 2. Types of costing –concept of cost and Accounting scope, objective Advantage and disadvantage.
- 3. Elements of cost – material cost –issue of material cost.
- 4. preparation cost sheet, methods of costing, process costing
- 5. Standard costing and variance Analysis Material variance, labour variances, Break even analysis, BE Point, BE Chart, uses of BE.
- 6. Reconciliation of cost and financial Accounts.
- 7. Financial Structure preparation of consolidated income statement, balance sheet.
- 8. Fund flow and cash flow statements.
- 9. Concept of Budget, Types and control mechanism cash Budget, sales, zero-based budgeting, Performance Budgeting.
- 10. Contemporay Development in Accounting __ Vat, Brand Valuation Concepts.
- 11. Accounting Reports, their Importance and significance, types of report presentation of information.
Paper VIII:International Business Management
- 1. Factory Act, shop and establishment Act, Trade Union Act, Negotiable Instruments.
- 2. Indian companies Act 1956, Join Stock co, Pvt Ltd, and Public Ltd.
- 3. Public Enterprises, Forms Public corporation, government Companies Department Undertaking Join Venture, Present Status.
- 4. Taxation—Corporate Tax, Capital gains tax, Vat, Customs duty Excise duty, sales Income tax etc.
- 5. Insurance companies, Insurance Regulatory Authority.
- 6. Law of trade Mark, patent law cyber law, copy right
- 7. capital Market, Stock exchange, Mutual funds, fills, fill, (IDBI< FCI< ICICI) Role of regulators in Money and Capital Market 8. Information technologies agreement, India and WTO, general Agreement on trade and service.
SUBSIDIARY Peper-I : Business Communication-II
- 1. Justification, Meaning and need of International trade, gains form International Trade, Comparative cost theory of international Trade.
- 2. Balance of Trade and balance of payment. tariff barriers, Protectionism- vs.-free trade
- 3. GATT, WTO. UNCTAD.
- 4. International financial Institution, IMF, IBARD, ADB< Euro Market. Regional Economic Cooperation (SAARC, ESCAP, ASEAN, AFTA)
- 5. Export Promotion, SEZ, Trading process and organization n, product & pricing.
- 6. Multinational Corporations, advantages and disadvantages, MNCS and India
- 7. Foreign Exchange system, restrictions & convertibility, FEMA, Direction and composition of India’s foreign trade, changing composition and pattern.
Subsidiary -Paper-II : Computer Application in Business-II
- 1. Essentials of Effective Business Communication in English, Barrier to Communication, channels of Communication, Methods of Communication Downward & upward Communication, informal and formal Communication.
- 2. Group Discussion Presentation Techniques. . (practice)
- 3. Developing Reading, Listening, Writing and speaking skills, (practice)
- 4. Paragraph Developing Reading, Precise & Writing.
- 5. C.V. preparation, different Formats, elements of effective C.V.
- 6. Inter office Document, Business letter writing (sales Finance, customers services, Government) Effective Business presentation.
- 7. Social and office Manners, Etiquette and group interactions.
- 8. Public Relation and image Building, elements of public relation its role and importance in business world.
- 9. Presentations on Business environment and situation.
- 1. Excel- Worksheet- Dynamic & sensitive worksheet, error free worksheet, access, Data organization, searching, records, Files, index.
- 2. M.S Outlook, concept application.
- 3. Internet operation, web related concept.
- 4. Internet Protocols, concept practices
- 5. Search Engines
- E- Mails, FTP, Chatting, Conferencing, Introduction to Oracle Database, Query language- SQL
Paper - IX : Financial Management
- 1. Meaning and scope of financial Management.
- 2. Basis accounting concepts—divisions of accounting—double entry book keeping—ledger and subsidiary books—cash book- purchase book- sales book- sales book- trial balance- preparation of manufacturing trading profit and loss account and balance sheet.
- 3 .Preparation of fund flow and cash flow statements- working capital management.
- 4. Financial analysis- format for analysis- classification and interpretation of various items. Ratio analysis- accounting ratios as means to measure business performance- classification of ratios – capital structure ratio- liquidity ratios- turnover ratios and profitability ratios- merits and limitations of ratio analysis- inter and inter—firm comparison.
- 5. Inventory control- Cost- Volume- Profit analysis- standard costing.
- 6. Reporting—Budgeting and budgeting control- budgeting objectives- advantages and limitations- classifications of budgets- budget preparation. (Note: 70% Questions on problems and 30% on Theory)
Paper-XI: Personnel Management
- 1. Marketing: Nature Definition and scope of Marketing, Role of Marketing in Modern World
- 2. Concepts- Production, Product, Selling Marketing & Societal Marketing, Marketing environment, Marketing Management and its environment.
- 3. Consumer buying behavior: Consumer decision making process, factors influencing buyer Behavior.
- 4. Market Segmentation, segmentations, Targeting and positioning (STP)
- 5. Marketing Distribution channels, types & advantages.
- 6. Product Decisions, types consumer and industrial goods, New product life cycle of product, product Mix decisions, product portfolio analysis
- 7. Pricing decisions, factors influcing pricing, pricing objectives and strategies.
- 8. Product Promotion, advertising, publicity personnel selling, sales promotion.
- 9. Sales forecasting, various methods & applications.
- Market research, scope, methodology of MR, Reporting.
Paper –XII : Project Report Viva Voce and the job TrainingAfter the 2nd year annual examination, each student shall undergo a practical training of 8 weeks duration in an approved business/ industrial service Organization and submit at least two copies of the summer Training Report to the Head of the department at least 15 days before the date of commencement of the final year examinations. This summer training report shall carry 100 marks and it shall be evaluated for 60 marks by two external examiners to be appointed by the University and 40 marks shall be awarded on the basis of their internal assessment. The students may undertake project on any specialized paper as per their choice.
- 1. Nature and scope of HRD, environment of HRM, Strategic HRM
- 2. HRM planning, workers participations in management.
- 3. New Trends in HRD in the light of Globalization.
- 4. Induction- training, methods- technique and training & Development.
- 5. Job analysis, job description, motivation, benefits.
- 6. Recruitment, Selection, methods of selection, placement.
- 7. wage & salary admn, incentives of selection, placement.
- 8. Placement and Induction, Transfer and Promotion, training’ HRM: audit, nature, scope & approaches Challenges of Hrm. Industrial unrest, role and importance of Trade unions.